Deionna Morris. Main Course. December 12th , 2020.
Made with a simple from scratch sauce, egg noodles course dinner, main. The addition of cremini mushrooms. They hold up well to boiling and then baking, and.
This is my absolute, without a doubt, favorite food of all time. Peas are a classic addition and sometimes you see corn mixed in as.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole Has A Classic Mushroom Soup Filling, Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Egg Noodles, And A Buttery Ritz Cracker Topping!.
- 3 cups dry egg noodles ((about 4 cups cooked))
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (optional)
- 8 oz. White Cheddar cheese (shredded (equal to 3 cups))
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk Celery (diced)
- ½ white onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cans solid white albacore tuna in water (drained. (5 oz. per can))
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (see notes for link to homemade version)
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (at room temp)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup Parmesan (finely grated)
- 1 cup Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 2 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 green onions (diced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shred the White Cheddar cheese and set aside to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Cook the egg noodles 1 minute shy of what the package instructs. Add 2 bouillon cubes to the boiling water to enhance the flavor of the egg noodles if desired.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet (at least 10” in sizover medium heat. Add the diced onions and celery and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Decrease heat to low. Add the drained tuna, salt/pepper, celery salt, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and sour cream. Stir until combined. Gradually sprinkle in the White cheddar and stir until well-combined and smooth.
- Add the peas and egg noodles and use a silicone spatula to gently stir until combined.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine the Ritz crackers and melted butter. Top the casserole with it along with the grated Parmesan. Bake for 5-7 additional minutes, until the top is brown and crisp.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Garnish with diced green onions and serve!
In a separate bowl, mix together soup, milk and garlic powder. Stir in noodles, peas, tuna and thyme.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.