Sheniece Sanchez. Soup. January 11th , 2021.
A soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it`s pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli. Our broccoli cheddar soup tastes even better than panera bread`s. One of my favorite iterations of broccoli cheddar soup. I added in a couple handfuls of spinach with the florets. It`s loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no it`s about time you met this broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese. Crusty bread or bread bowl. Try googling broccoli cheddar soup.
I have no idea how panera bread makes their soup, but this is my version of it. This broccoli cheese soup recipe is adapted from my family`s favorite broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Creamy, extra cheesy and filled with broccoli. Broccoli cheddar soup has long been a guilty pleasure sort of thing for me. I love it but never think of it outside of the times when i eat it at mediocre restaurants that friends are dying to go to. Pour the blended soup mixture through a sieve into the pot. Tips and tricks for broccoli cheddar soup success. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is really simple but there are a couple important factors in making it successfully. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe uses simple ingredients but has so much flavor and creaminess.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Is Easy To Make At Home With Simple Ingredients. There Are 3 Different Ways To Thicken It And Lots Of Pro Tips To Make Sure It Is Truly Restaurant Quality!.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 5 Tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups half and half
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons corn starch + 3 Tablespoons water (optional)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots (julienned)
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3 oz. Velveeta cheese (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Shred the cheese and set it aside along with the Velveeta to allow it to come closer to room temperature. It will melt creamier this way.
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the diced onions and saute for 5 minutes. Remove the onions and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute, until you can no longer smell flour. Use a silicone spatula to stir as it cooks.
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth and whisk to combine until no lumps remain.
- Add the onions back to the pot.
- Add the half and half, paprika, mustard powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Optional: Combine 3 TBS corn starch + 3 TBS cold water and whisk it in when the boil is reached. This will thicken it further.
- Add the broccoli and carrots. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
- Optional: Remove 1-2 cups of broccoli/carrots and use an immersion blender to blend the soup for a smoother and creamier consistency. Add the remaining broccoli and carrots back.
- Remove from heat and let the base cool down for 1-2 minutes. Gradually add the shredded cheese and Velveeta cheese, stirring as you do so.
- Taste, and season with additional salt if desired. Serve!
Some soups require hours and hours of simmering time to develop. Broccoli cheddar soup has always been one of our favorite dishes at panera. It`s offered at countless restaurants but panera just does it right. A healthier version of the classic broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. Broccoli cheddar soup will forever make me think of those cold college nights when my friends and i would head to panera to eat copious amounts of soup in bread bowls. It was one of those college. Cook it in bulk and keep it on hand to heat and eat. It`s loaded with wholesome broccoli and freshly grated cheddar cheese.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.