Laquanda Hughes. Main Course. January 23rd , 2021.
While meatball purists might declare blasphemy, turkey meatballs are actually my favorite meatballs. Tender meatballs filled with onions and parmesan, bathed in plenty of tomato sauce, are classics in your recipe box. She has an ma in food. Nigella′s turkey meatballs are light and succulent, as well as being lower in fat. Turkey meatballs without breadcrumbs baked in the oven until juicy inside and golden outside.
These versatile meatballs have so many serving possibilities. Mix up your meal rotation with healthy and versatile recipes for turkey meatballs. Our favorite turkey meatball recipe for a sunday dinner over spaghetti. Have i shared with you that i don′t really like meat one of the few meat dishes i will actually eat a normal serving size of is meatballs. Easy turkey meatballs cooked in a simple tomato basil sauce.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
Turkey Meatballs Is A Lighter Version Of The Classic Italian Dinner Staple! Pile Several Over Spaghetti And Serve!.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (more for serving)
- 1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped basil
- 4 garlic cloves (finely minced)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey (very cold from the fridge)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (more as needed)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (or more)
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients starting with the cheese and up to (including) red pepper flakes, and mix well.
- Add turkey meat, egg Worcestershire sauce, and blend with your hands until well mixed.
- For the perfect texture, if you have time, cover the meat mixture and chill for an hour or up to 24 hours. It’s easiest to form the meatballs when they are very cold.
- When ready to cook for the meatballs, I usually use a one to two tablespoons cookie scoop to measure the meat mixture and roll it into balls.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs just enough to fit in the pan without crowding them.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides, 5 to 8 minutes, and then transfer to a plate, add more oil if needed, and cook the rest of the meatballs.
- Once done cooking the meatballs, add the marinara sauce to the pan and bring it to a simmer. Make sure to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Taste the sauce and adjust for salt and pepper. Once hot, add the meatballs and their juices to the pan, gently toss to cover the meatballs with sauce and lower the heat. Cover the pan and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, drizzled with olive oil, and sprinkled with parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
Prepare the recipe through the shaping step. Using ground turkey helps lean out the meatballs, while. Our most trusted turkey meatballs recipes. Baked meatball recipe, ground turkey, frozen spinach, turkey spinach meatballs, spinach meatballs. Pair them with some quinoa or some whole wheat spaghetti.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.