Jerralyn Diaz. Soup. January 03rd , 2021.
Eating the leftovers of this ode to pot pie filling. Also known as chicken pot pie soup. It has all the best flavors of a chicken pot pie but in soup form, which i personally think is even better than pie form. Plus, the flaky mile high. No worries, i have all. Filled with hearty vegetables like. It`s filled with tender chicken, lots of fresh veggies and a delicious broth. Chicken pot pie soup ingredients (and substitutions).
Salted or unsalted butter works fine. It takes all of the flavor of the pot pie filling and is served up as a soup. This crockpot chicken pot pie soup is made with pretty simple ingredients. Adding these little pie crust crackers to the soup after serving it into bowls, lets the pie crust soak up some of the soup, and they are the tastiest. This creamy chicken pot pie soup recipe is a great way to feed a crowd with affordable chicken, frozen vegetables and other pantry staples. I like adding mushrooms and green. The flour and heavy cream in this chicken pot pie soup recipe helps to make it a thick and hearty dish. This chicken pot pie soup is creamy, hearty and super delicious.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Chicken Pot Pie Soup Is The Ultimate Comfort Food And Is So Easy To Make With Simple Ingredients, Including Homemade Or Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup, Potatoes, Chicken, And Mixed Vegetables..
- 4 large russet potatoes (equal to 2 lbs.)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt (separated)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter (separated)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium boneless/skinless chicken breasts (see Note 1)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 sticks celery (diced)
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen carrots/peas/corn
- Boil & Mash the Potatoes: Peel and rinse the potatoes. Cut them into 1-inch slices and submerge them in 2 inches of water. Gradually bring to a boil and add ¾ tsp salt. Cook until very fork tender. Drain, and mash with 2 Tablespoons of butter. Set aside.
- Cook the Chicken: (Skip if using cooked chicken.) Add 2 TBS olive oil to a 4-quart soup pot over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken with ½ tsp salt + ¼ tsp pepper and add it to the pot. Sauté until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Soften the Onions/Garlic/Celery: Add 2 TBS butter to the skillet. Add the onions and celery. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute to remove the raw flour taste, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth slowly and incorporate it into the flour/vegetable mixture. Use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom of the pot, this will add flavor into the broth.
- Slowly add the half and half, cream of chicken soup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, rosemary, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer. Add the potatoes and stir to combine. Use an immersion blender to combine or transfer to a blender in batches until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cooked chicken along with any juices and frozen vegetables. Heat for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve with Buttermilk Biscuits!
This is one of my favorite soup recipes for fall and winter. It will be on repeat all season long, as well as ham and bean soup, corn chowder and crockpot potato soup. It`s the perfect dish to make for meal prepping for the week and it tastes every. Ethan just picked out all the chicken and dipped his pie crust bites. It is similar to chicken pot pie but thinner like a soup and just the another great idea if you prefer the slow cooker is chicken pot pie soup crock pot version. It`s rich, creamy and full of flavor. The seasonings in this soup. While there`s no denying that we.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.