Bettyann Davis. Soup. January 24th , 2021.
The soup is enriched with beef stock and red wine. Perfect for this rainy day. Serve this hearty soup with lots of.
My wife`s sister introduced us to this soup a few years ago. It is perfect for cold and rainy days.i have modified the original recipe to meet my tastes.i always make a double. Optionally with heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
Sausage Tortellini Soup
This Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup Is A 30 Minute Meal That s Easy To Make With Sausage, Kale, Simple Seasonings, Broth, And Cream!.
- 1 pound ground sausage (hot or mild)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups tortellini (just under 10 oz.)
- Salt/ to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Note: The mustard powder and hot sauce are so subtle in this soup but help enhance the other flavors, so although you may be hesitant to add them, I highly recommend it!
- Remove the casings from the sausage if you purchased links. Cook and crumble the sausage over medium-high heat until cooked through. Add the onions halfway through and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Drain any grease if needed. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes to remove the raw flour taste.
- Add 1 tsp dried basil, ½ tsp oregano, 1 pinch of cayenne, 1 tsp hot sauce, ½ tsp mustard powder, ¼ tsp pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom of the pot. Add the cream. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add the kale and tortellini and simmer for 3-5 minutes. (If your tortellini needs longer cooking time, add the tortellini first, then the kale during the last 5 minutes.)
- Taste the soup and add salt if desired. Start with ¼ tsp and add more after that if needed.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with a pinch of red pepper flakes. Serve with cheesy garlic bread.
It is super creamy and full of healthy and hearty ingredients. I`ve been on the biggest soup kick.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.