Kiani Foster. Main Course. October 20th , 2020.
Seared golden chicken smothered in a sour cream mushroom gravy. This homemade chicken stroganoff is perfect for dinner any night of the week. An easy chicken stroganoff recipe that`s on the table in less than half an hour. Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. This chicken stroganoff recipe is not just a pale cousin of beef stroganoff.
This easy chicken stroganoff recipe, made with juicy boneless skinless chicken thighs, mushrooms, and a luscious gravy, is everything you love about your favorite beef stroganoff recipe. Cheecken stroganoff does not mess around. My readers seemed to really dig on this lighter version, so i. Creamy chicken stroganoff dish with tender mushrooms in a simple, yet flavorful sauce. Creamy and velvety, my chicken stroganoff recipe is.
This Chicken Stroganoff Has Chicken Breasts Or Thighs Smothered In A Creamy Mushroom Sauce. It's Easy To Make On The Stove Top Or Slow Cooker! Serve It With Potatoes, Egg Noodles, Or Fettuccine..
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons butter, (separated)
- 1 small yellow Onion (minced)
- 8 oz. white button Mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ½ cup white wine (can sub chicken broth)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth (see note 1)
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch + ¼ cup cold water
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- Fresh Parsley (to garnish)
- Slice the chicken in half lengthwise to create 2 thinner pieces of equal size. If desired, pound the chicken even thinner as it will plump up when cooked.
- Pat completely dry and dredge in the flour mixture. Tap off excess.
- Sear the Chicken: Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Once it’s glistening, add 2 pieces of chicken at a time and allow it to sear undisturbed for 4-5 minutes per side. Carefully flip once it’s developed a nice golden crust. Decrease heat if the oil gets too hot and add more olive oil if needed. Set chicken aside on a plate and sear remaining 2 pieces.
- Deglaze the pan: Carefully add ¼ cup white wine to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, until reduced by half. Use a silicone spatula to “clean” the bottom of the pan, working the brown bits into the liquid. This gives the sauce plenty of flavor.
- Add the onions and 2 TBS of butter. Reduce heat to medium and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 TBS butter and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef/chicken broth, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Stir to combine. Gradually bring to a gentle boil.
- Combine 3 TBS Cornstarch + ¼ cup COLD water. Whisk continuously and slowly add it to the sauce a little bit at a time, stirring to incorporate. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the sour cream to a small bowl. Take 1/3 cup of the sauce and mix it in with the sour cream until combined and smooth. Add the sour cream mixture to the sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Add the chicken back to the pan along with any drippings from the plate. Partially cover the pan and heat for 5 minutes, until the chicken is warmed through and the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve with egg noodles, fettuccine, or mashed potatoes.
Seared chicken breasts are smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce. This chicken stroganoff has a thick and savory sauce with large chunks of seasoned chicken and tons of earthy mushroom slices. We like to take our time with this chicken stroganoff recipe. While beef stroganoff is the classic, this new chicken version is simply amazing.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.