Janissa Mitchell. Main Course. January 27th , 2021.
Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Healthy oven baked chicken parmesan is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with no frying required. This baked chicken parmesan is golden brown crispy chicken breasts smothered in marinara sauce and melted cheese. A lighter take on the classic chicken parmesan that tastes like something you`d. This delicious oven baked chicken parmesan recipe is easy and doesn`t require any frying.
How to make baked chicken parmesan. This baked chicken parmesan recipe starts with tender chicken cutlets dredged in tasty breadcrumbs, smothered in sauce and cheese, then baked to perfection. This healthy chicken parmesan recipe is. Baked chicken in a crisp, golden this chicken parmesan is my favorite dish to serve when i don`t have a lot of patience to put together a. Quick and easy baked chicken parmesan is a classic italian favorite made healthier in this flavorful recipe.
Baked Chicken Parmesan
This Classic Oven-baked Chicken Parmesan Tastes Just Like It's From A Restaurant. Better Yet, It's Stuffed With Mozarella Cheese And Covered In A Crispy Parmesan Breading With Warm Marinara Sauce..
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (separated)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese (separated)
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Fresh Parsley (to garnish)
- Note: I recommend a 12 or 13 inch oven-safe pan for this recipe. A large dutch oven will also work. Otherwise, transfer the chicken to a lightly greased casserole dish after browning. Add the sauce/cheese, and bake as directed.
- Pat the chicken breasts completely dry.
- Cut a slice in middle of each chicken breast to create a pocket, don’t cut all the way through to the other side. PRO TIP: Flash freeze the chicken for 10-15 minutes to firm it up for easier cutting.
- Stuff each one with 2-3 Tablespoons of mozzarella cheese, close to seal.
- Create an assembly line for breading the chicken:
- Plate #1: ½ cup flour + 1 ¼ tsp seasoned salt + 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Bowl #2: 2 whisked eggs + ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Plate #3: 1 cups breadcrumbs + ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture and tap to rid any excess.
- Dip into the whisked eggs just long enough to lightly coat the chicken, let the excess drip off the edge of the bowl
- Generously coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter to a pan over medium heat.
- Brown the chicken in batches of 2, leave room around the outside to allow the edges to crisp.
- Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until light golden brown. Add more oil if needed. (I use 2 spatulas to carefully flip the chicken.)
- Remove from heat and place the chicken on a paper towel lined plate. The paper towels absorb the excess oil, leaving you with crispier chicken. Note: The inside is still very raw.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Return the chicken to the pan or transfer to a casserole dish. Spoon marinara sauce around the sides and on the top.
- Sprinkle generously with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- If desired, increase heat to 450 degrees and cook just until it browns more on top, watch closely the whole time.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Serve with Homemade Cheesy Garlic Bread!
Crispy coated chicken, delicious tomato this keto chicken parmesan is actually super easy and quick to throw together and the chicken. Baked chicken parmesan is an easy chicken recipe for a weeknight dinner. This baked chicken parmesan recipe is a winner. Not only is this a healthy version of a classic recipe.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.