Shakina Reyes. Main Course. January 06th , 2021.
Simplicity is often the way to go when you`re dealing with meat. It`s an easy mix of spices and is perfect for grilling steak.
For years it seems, mark and i had been trying to find the perfect steak marinate or dry rub.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Steak Rub
Just A Few Simple Seasonings Is All You Need To Make The Best Dry Steak Rub Recipe To Compliment The Amazing Flavors In Your Chicken Or Steak, And Tastes Just Like The Texas Roadhouse Restaurant!.
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt (*See Notes)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a quart-sized Ziploc bag and seal it tightly. Shake it to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Generously cover each side of the steak with the seasoning and let it rest for about 40 minutes. This allows the salt to penetrate through the surface (through osmosis) and actually helps break down the muscle fibers, which results in a more tender meat. During this time, the liquid that initially surfaced has time to reabsorb, which makes the meat juicer.
- Once the grill is nice and hot, place the steak(s) on and cook for 4-5 minutes, until it’s browned and slightly charred. Flip it over and cook for the following additional time:
- 5 minutes: Medium Rare7 minutes: Medium10 minutes: Well Done
Since then, it`s all we`ve used.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.