Jolyn Edwards. Main Course. December 27th , 2020.
Cheesy meatballs are soft, juicy and tender, simmered in a rustic homemade tomato sauce.
Click to watch the video.
Bobby Flay s Italian Meatball Recipe
Bobby Flay's Famous Italian Meatball Recipe Has A 3-meat Combo That You Can Make On The Stove Top Or In The Crock Pot. Simmer The Meatballs In His Homemade Marinara Sauce And Serve With Spaghetti Or In A Sub!.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork (*see notes)
- 1/2 pound ground veal (*see notes)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (grated into a powder)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs (preferably homemade)
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped and sauteed)
- 56 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 6 basil leaves (sliced into strips)
- Note: Use a large enough pot to hold the marinara sauce and the meatballs. We're browning the meatballs in the pot first and cooking the sauce in the same pot after for extra flavor.
- Gently combine all meatball ingredients, (except the oil), in a large bowl, don't overwork the meat, we want tender meatballs.
- Roll into 1+1/2 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Give each meatball a final roll and add them to the pot.
- Brown them in batches, for a few minutes on each side. They won't be cooked all the way through.
- Remove and set aside until the sauce is prepared, then simmer them in the sauce for 45 minutes.
- Use the same saucepan as you used to brown the meatballs. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they’re softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes.
- Add the bay leaf, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat back down to a light simmer.
- Add the meatballs and toss them with the sauce.
- Note: Use an immersion blender right in the pot if you prefer to smooth out the tomatoes more. (This can also be done in a regular blender.)
- Cover the pot and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and parsley prior to serving. Stir in the basil. Serve, and enjoy!
Jumbo cheesy italian meatballs these meatballs are so substantial they don`t need a pile of pasta to make a meal.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.