Deionna Morris. Soup. November 22nd , 2020.
Since it`s starting to warm up a little i decided i better get my last good soup days in. Don`t get me wrong, i still eat soup all summer long, not quite as frequently, but it is much more enjoyable on a cold snowy day or a cloudy rainy day than it is on a hot, sunny summer day. Creamy chicken tortilla soup recipe. It helps to have everything chopped and measured before you begin. Start on making shredded chicken first. While the chicken is baking. This creamy chicken tortilla soup is loaded with tender chicken, corn, beans, fajita seasoning and is simmered in a rich, creamy broth. Creamy chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite fall soup recipes. A restaurant in my town had the best creamy chicken tortilla soup, but they closed up and i have not been able to find a great tortilla soup since.
Creamy chicken tortilla soup slow cooker recipe. I think it is so easy to throw everything into your slow cooker in the morning and just let it cook. A creamy version of chicken tortilla soup, made with cooked chicken and fajita seasonings. Served with a garnish of crispy tortilla strips, shredded cheese, sour cream and served here with a side of sour cream cornbread. Some are creamy, some are brothy. The aroma of this chicken soup is amazing while you cook it. It`s creamy and filled with southwest flavor, and it`s easy to make on a cold night. With just the right amount of spices, veggies, and sour cream to round it all out, you`re going to love this hearty meal. If you enjoy this soup recipe you should also try my classic.
Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup Is A Simple Way To Make Use Of Leftover Rotisserie Chicken! You'll Love The Way This Creamy Broth Tastes With All Of Your Favorite Mexican Flavors!.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 Tablespoon flour (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- ½ bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (diced)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (rotisserie works well)
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning (1 oz. packet)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (NOT drained)
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- ¾ cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- Fresh Cilantro (roughly chopped, to garnish)
- Shred the cheddar cheese and set it aside to allow it to get to room temperature.
- Toss the cheese with 1 Tablespoon of flour. This is optional but will help the soup remain smooth when the cheese is melted into it.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add the diced onions and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Toss the chicken with the taco seasoning to coat it. Add it to the pot along with the diced bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth, undrained diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, cayenne, and cumin.
- Let the soup simmer for 15 minutes, partially covered.
- Decrease heat to low.
- Add the sour cream. Stir until it’s almost fully combined, this may take a few minutes, but it will get there.
- Sprinkle in the cheese gradually, stirring as you do so.
- Once the cheese is melted, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve!
This creamy chicken tortilla soup is easier to make than you think. Honestly, it`s great any time of year, but it`s so. I know, it seems a little strange if you haven`t done it. Rate it whisk together masa and milk until blended. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in your chicken breast. Once your broth reaches a boil, reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot. Nothing like a creamy bowl of soup for a perfect weeknight meal.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.