Chalise Anderson. Main Course. January 17th , 2021.
An easy weeknight pasta that`s just rich enough. This silky creamy tomato pasta is the perfect spring weeknight dinner. Herbs, garlic, tomatoes, pasta and a splash of cream. It`s the perfect weeknight dinner.
See more ideas about pasta with creamy tomato sauce is perfect for when you`re hungry or if you`re feeling blue and in. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. This creamy tomato pasta is so basic which is the whole amazing point. I love eggplant, it is such an underrated.
Creamy Tomato Pasta
This Creamy Tomato Pasta Recipe Is An Easy 20 Minute Meal That Pairs Perfectly With Chicken, Shrimp, Garlic Bread, Spinach, Mushrooms, And More!.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (undrained)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese (equal to 1/4 cup.)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. thin spaghetti (see notes*)
- Measure and set out all ingredients prior to cooking. Begin boiling salted pasta water for the spaghetti.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the undrained diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Cut the cream cheese into smaller squares and whisk it into the sauce.
- Whisk in half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Let the sauce simmer on low, uncovered, while you boil the pasta according to package instructions. Keep an eye on the sauce, stir it occasionally, and cover it if it reaches your desired level of thickness.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it and stir it into the sauce.
- Serve alongside the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Mix the sauce with your pasta, again adding reserved pasta water as needed. Taste and season as necessary. Pasta with creamy cherry tomato sauce. This summery pasta sauce is easy enough for a weeknight, but special enough to make for friends.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.