Jolise Lee. Main Course. January 11th , 2021.
This healthy meatloaf recipe, made with lean ground turkey is easy and delicious. This recipe makes fabulous turkey meatballs. An easy turkey meatloaf recipe and the secret for how to make the best moist and flavorful meatloaf. This is the best turkey meatloaf we`ve ever tasted. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. This meatloaf recipe will have the my husband loves meatloaf i`ve been trying to think of many ways to get this man to eat less beef.
Sauce, salt and pepper, mix to incorporate well, then add the mixture to your prepared baking sheet and form into a meatloaf. For starters, it`s made with ground turkey instead of ground beef, so it`s a healthier option than the traditional recipe. This easy turkey meatloaf recipe is made with diced onions, sweet apples, minced mushrooms, mushrooms, seasonings, and lean ground turkey. I just know your family will enjoy it. This turkey meatloaf recipe is so easy, moist and flavorful, it doesn`t miss a beat. It has all the things we love in a.
Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
There's No Greater Comfort Food Than Old Fashioned Turkey Meatloaf. This Recipe Has The Best Tips For Making Extra Juicy Meatloaf, Which Includes Adding Cheese, Bbq Sauce, Ketchup, Mustard, And More!.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup yellow onion (diced)
- ½ cup bell pepper (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup half and half (see note 1)
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 pounds ground turkey (85% lean)
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onions and peppers for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Remove from heat once nice and soft. Let it cool.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the half and half, mustard, ketchup, BBQ Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, then add the cooled onions/peppers/garlic.
- Add the turkey and gently mix until just combined. Don’t overwork the meat or it will become tough.
- Add the turkey mixture to a lightly greased meatloaf pan.
- This part can be tricky but worthwhile: Use a silicone spatula and create space around the perimeter of the pan that’s about the width of your finger. Spread any excess turkey from the sides onto the top of the meatloaf. This creates airflow around the pan which results in a nice outer crust and a juicier loaf. (See process shots in post above for visual.)
- Combine the ketchup and BBQ Sauce and spread half of it over the meatloaf.
- Place the meatloaf pan on a baking sheet to catch any overflow.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove and top with remaining ketchup/BBQ sauce.
- Bake for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 155 degrees.
- Remove and let it rest in the loaf pan for 15 minutes prior to slicing in. It will increase an additional 8-10 degrees during this time.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy!
This recipe is simple, and prepares quickly. Meatloaf takes a healthy turn with this slow cooker turkey meatloaf. This is the best turkey meatloaf we`ve ever tasted. It`s really moist and makes great sandwiches.with a fraction of the fat of regular meatloaf, this version is so good that one tester entered it in a contest. A turkey meatloaf recipe better than any from your childhood. It gets wonderful taste from the addition of ingredients.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.