Markisha Watson. Soup. January 04th , 2021.
The secret to slimming it down is swapping part. So i was almost done with soup when i starting thinking about baked potatoes and how it`s been too long. A hearty soup that tastes simply fabulous. Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the interior and set aside. I love potato soup and this one really hit the spot. If i want a light but filling dinner this is one of my go to soups.
If we`re being honest, a baked potato isn`t really about the potato. This easy loaded baked potato soup recipe is simple to make, thick, creamy, and hearty. Salt and pepper to taste. Mash with the back of a wooden spoon. This flavorful baked potato soup is loaded with cheese and baked potatoes, along with bacon, sour cream, green onions, and seasonings. It`s a satisfying soup to serve for lunch or dinner with a tossed.
Baked Potato Soup
This Baked Potato Soup Has A Thick And Creamy Broth That's Loaded With Bacon And Chives, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, And Smooth Potatoes. It's The Ultimate Comfort Food And So Easy To Make!.
- 4 large russet potatoes (equal to 2 lbs.)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups Chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 cup chives (finely diced)
- Shred the cheese from a block, measure out the sour cream and half and half. Let them all sit out at room temperature.
- Cut the bacon into 1-inch squares with kitchen shears. Cook in a large pot over low heat, rotating occasionally. They’ll overlap at first but will shrink down as they cook. Remove and set aside once crisp. Leave 2 Tablespoons of drippings in the pot.
- While the bacon cooks, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Add to a stock pot and cover the potatoes with 1 inch of water. Add the salt and boil gently for 10 minutes or until fork tender. Drain, then gently mash. Set aside.
- Add the diced onion to the pot with the bacon drippings and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and butter and cook 1 more minute.
- Whisk in flour, use a silicone spatula to stir as the flour cooks for 1 full minute to remove the raw flour taste.
- Add the chicken broth. Use a silicone spatula to loosen any bacon remnants from the bottom of the pot, this will add flavor.
- Slowly add the half and half. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the potatoes, then mix in the sour cream, and pepper.
- Remove from heat. If desired, blend with an immersion blender or transfer it to a blender in batches. (I prefer to do this for a creamier and smoother consistency.)
- Gradually sprinkle with shredded cheese and stir until combined. Make sure the base of the soup isn’t too hot or the cheese won’t melt creamy and smooth. The soup will continue to thicken as it sits.
- Garnish with green onions and bacon, serve!
There has been a creamy curried potato soup, a sweet potato soup with miso and ginger, and a roasted garlic if you already have a few baked potatoes and some cooked bacon in the fridge, this. Dustin and i are big fans of baked. We prefer our potato soup thick and creamy, so we prefer using russet potatoes. Russet potatoes are light and starchy so they. How to make loaded baked potato soup. Loaded baked potato soup the title is totally misleading as there is no mention of baking the potato scrubbing and dicing and then boiling takes.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.