Jerika Wilson. Burgers. September 04th , 2020.
Quick and easy prep work and the crock pot does the rest. First, place the sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the chopped garlic around the sides of the roast. In a small bowl, (i use a large measuring cup) add the beef stock, chopped. Whatever you decide to make, it will be good with the tender and flavorful beef. The next night i made red sauce enchiladas, all the hard. Cover and cook for four hours on high, until. To serve, return the beef to the slow cooker on low or warm setting. I love using a beef chuck roast for my shredded beef.
Perfect for cinco de mayo, tailgating parties, family gatherings. Slow cooker italian beef dinner. Stir the beef with the cooking juices and keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve. Actually, it was a friend who inspired the recipe in the first place. Scott and i were attending our small group several weeks ago. Using two forks, pull the meat apart and shred the beef. Shredded beef is something i never really thought to put on my menu plan. I adapted it from the cookbook slow cooker. This slow cooker shredded beef is perfect in classic tacos or lettuce wraps or paired with rice or roasted vegetables.
Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
This All Purpose Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef Is Great For Tacos, Burritos And More! quick And Easy Prep Work And The Crock Pot Does The Rest..
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-2 tablespoons juice of one lime
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano and red chili flakes, set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the slow cooker with the tomato paste, lime juice, and just 1-2 teaspoons of the spice mixture. Stir everything together until fully mixed.
- Sprinkle the rest of the spices all over the chuck roast, patting to help it stick to the meat.
- Place the meat on top of the onion mixture and set cook on low for 7-8 hours. Total cooking time will vary for different roasts.
- After meat has cooked, use two forks to shred the meat, removing any large pieces of fat or gristle as you find them. (If the meat is still too tough to shred, it needs to be cooked a little longer. Cook for an additional 30-60 minutes and check it again.) Stir to mix well with the sauce. Cover and continue to cook on low for another 30-60 minutes.
- Before serving stir well again to mix the meat with the sauce. Taste meat and season with more salt to taste.
Generously season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and. Once you trim the fat, it kind of evens out. Return the meat to the slow cooker and toss with the juices (the more of the leftover juice you use, the spicier it will be). Season to taste with salt and. Quick and easy prep work and the crock pot does the rest. Remove the seared roast and place in the slow cooker. In the same skillet, add the onions and cook for a few minutes to soak up the flavor from the beef. Slow cooker shredded beef enchiladas from tastes better from scratch include tender beef that cooks in the homemade enchilada sauce. That`s when it`s time to bust out the slow cooker.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.