Derica Parker. Soup. January 16th , 2021.
Cream of potato soup recipes. Delicious ham and potato soup. This is a delicious recipe for ham and potato soup that a friend gave to me. This hearty ham and potato soup is made with a ham shank or leftover ham bone and russet potatoes. Russets are also really starchy, which helps thicken the soup. The photos in this post have been updated. You`re in the right place. Delicious and hearty instant pot ham and potato soup made with leftover ham and russet potatoes. If you have tried my instant pot ham and white bean soup, you will love this soup as well. It`s nice and rich and creamy (using only milk, no heavy cream). It`s the perfect use for leftover ham (or even ok really, this recipe may have just been an excuse to whip up another batch of my favorite potato soup recipe, which i always find. .ham and potato soup that`s creamy, full of vegetables and chunks of ham, finished off with milk and sour cream for a easy and delicious hearty soup. The best part of slow cooker meals like this slow cooker ham and potato soup is that they`re perfect for weeknights now that everyone is back to. This ham and potato soup is simple, hearty, and healthy. It uses everyday ingredients, and this version has no dairy. This post may contain affiliate links.
Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details. This ham and potato soup is simple, hearty, and healthy. There`s nothing that tastes better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold how to make ham and potato soup. It`s the perfect creamy soup recipe to make on a cold. I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don`t put celery in mine. Whisk in flour and cook stirring constantly until thick. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form and all milk is added. Turn up to medium heat. But generally this soup is really cheap to make. Just one serving would cost about. Ham is one of the major ingredients of this soup. It gives this soup a nice meaty flavor. Since i still have some leftover ham, i though of making some dishes out of them. As an appetizer, this ham and potato soup will please your palate and increase your appetite for the remaining courses of the meal.
Ham And Potato Soup
Make This Ham And Potato Soup On The Stove Top Or In The Slow Cooker, It's The Best Way To Use Up Leftover Ham And Can Be Made With Or Without A Ham Bone!.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Golden Potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter (separated)
- 1 small yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 stalk Celery (diced)
- ¼ cup Flour
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Half and Half (plus and extra splash)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch ground sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chives (to garnish)
- Shred the cheese from a block, measure out the half and half. Let them all sit out at room temperature.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1-inch cubes. Add to a stock pot and cover the potatoes with 1 inch of water. Add the salt and boil gently for 10 minutes or until very fork tender. Drain, then gently mash. Stir in 2 TBS Butter and a splash of half and half. Set aside.
- While the potatoes boil, melt the 3 TBS butter in a large soup pot and add the onions and celery. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ½ tsp dried thyme, ½ tsp onion powder, and a pinch of ground sage. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and use a silicone spatula to stir for 1 full minute to remove the raw flour taste.
- Add the chicken broth and bay leaf. Slowly stir in the half and half. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir them until combined into the soup. Discard the bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend the broth until very creamy and combined. You can also use a blender and blend in batches. Blending is optional but makes the soup so thick and creamy.
- Add in the diced ham and stir to combine. Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle the cheese gradually over the warm (not hot!) base and stir until melted and combined. Taste and season with salt/pepper if desired.
- Garnish with chives and serve!
Anytime of the year is perfect for a good warm bowl of soup. I`ll try to cook it. I like to eat potato , but for everyday i prefer more simple dishes( like boiled potato). I love to eat boiled potatoes with chicken. It`s no surprise that my family loves soup. It`s just something us lunas have always enjoyed, which means we it takes a little more time than our other potato soup, but it tastes phenomenal. I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham chunks. So it was, this potato and ham soup was born. In recent years, i would throw them in the trash, but the rest of hambon is actually a gold mine. Ham and potato soup crock pot. Soup season has arrived and i am always looking for new and delicious soups that my family will enjoy. Jump to reciperate this recipe. I am back with another one of our favorite, easy weeknight dinners. You do have to make a simple roux for this soup and. Whether you have leftover ham or you`re using the.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.