Shanessa Smith. Main Course. December 28th , 2020.
Place the meatballs, onion mixture and sauce in a large baking. Crusty garlic bread sub rolls mimic that crunchy crouton from the soup, the meatballs simmer in that sweet. French onion soup au gratin stuffed meatballs garden and table.
French onion soup meatballs all things food, cooking with mary and friends. This sauce is so good. It`s really hard to resist grabbing a spoon and slurping all of it up.
French Onion Soup Meatballs
These Meatballs Are Doused In Rich Caramelized Onion Sauce And Topped With Hot, Melted Cheese. They ll Be The Best Meatballs You ve Ever Had.
- 1 very large yellow onion (sliced into thin strings)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup cabernet wine (Can sub Merlot)
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 slice white bread soaked in milk
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Light sprinkle of salt/pepper
- 1 large egg
- 4 thin slices provolone or mozzarella cheese (grated cheese is okay too)
- 2 cups water
- 1 packet beefy onion dry soup mix (from a 2.2 oz. box)
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken ″Better than Boullion″ (optional)
- 1/4 cup cabernet wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a large pot, caramelize the onions.
- Add the thyme, salt, bullion/water, and wine. Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the milk soaked, bread, panko, parsley, salt/pepper, and egg in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the meat and mix thoroughly with your hands. Roll into small meatballs and add to the pan with the onions, brown on each side, reduce heat if they’re cooking too fast and add additional oil if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- Prepare the sauce by combining all of the ingredients and heating in a saucepan for 10 minutes. (I let the meatballs soak in this sauce overnight before cooking them in the oven, this can enrich the flavor)
- Place the meatballs, onion mixture, and sauce in a baking dish or cast iron skillet. Top with provolone or mozzarella cheese and cook for 20 minutes, (check on it after 15.) Once cheese is hot and bubbly, remove, and top with thyme or parsley.
- Prepare to be amazed :)
It makes these meatballs so flavorful. Of all the meatball recipes i`ve made, these might win.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.