Shanelle Myers. Main Course. February 02nd , 2021.
Customize with more or less curry powder and sugar. This is simple indian chicken curry recipe is made with ginger, garlic, onions alongside flavorful spices, and finished with creamy coconut milk. You need very few things to make this curried chicken dish when i say easy, i mean silly simple. How to make instant pot coconut curry chicken. Using the saute function of the ip, heat some oil and saute the aromatics, the spices, and the curries. Add in the meat and cook the meat chunks until slightly brown, add the veggies. Add in the liquid ingredients. Coconut chicken curry is simply chicken in a delicious sauce of tomatoes, garlic, curry powder, and coconut milk. Coconut tandoori chicken made with rich tandoori spices and creamy coconut milk. From south india to thailand, no two curries are exactly the same. This warm and inviting keto coconut curry chicken soup is easy to make both in the crockpot or instantpot.
We make it over and over again at home so i have not yet shared any of my instant pot recipes here and i thought i would start with this amazing instant pot coconut curry chicken soup. Click the bookmark icon to add to your favories. Chicken thighs will work great instead of breast meat (use boneless skinless and. Customise to your taste with more or less curry powder and sugar. Poke holes into each chicken breast using a fork. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining curry powder. Add seasoned chicken to the pot. When the oil is hot, sear the chicken, skin side down, until golden. Flip the chicken skin side up and add the coconut milk, chicken stock. I cook the chickpeas directly with the creamy sauce in the instant pot. This rich, warming instant pot coconut curry chicken is made almost entirely from pantry staples you likely have in your kitchen right now, like onions, garlic, spices, and coconut milk.
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken
Instant Pot Coconut Curry Chicken Is Flavorful, Perfectly Tender, Creamy, And Spiced, And Also Packed With Healthy Ingredients!.
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (separated)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger (peel before mincing)
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste (use more or less)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs (boneless/skinless and cut into 1-inch pieces))
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (do not use Lite)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- Using the sauté function, once the IP reads hot, heat 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil and sauté the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the yellow and red curry, the cumin and the coriander, stir and sauce to 30-60 seconds.
- Add the chicken chunks and cook until slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the veggies, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the coconut milk, lime juice, lime zest, brown sugar and fish sauce if using, stir to combine.
- Cancel Saute mode.
- Lock the lid and seal the valve.
- Pressure Cook on high for 6 minutes followed by a 10 minutes Natural Pressure Release, after which release manually the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, stir and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
I left mine abandoned in the basement for for all my slow cooker or instant pot shredded chicken recipes, i go with thighs. Keep in mind that the kind of curry you use will kind of take over this dish. Creamy coconut milk, thai yellow curry paste, chicken, and vegetables. I really hope you ll give this instant pot pumpkin chicken curry a try. Add coconut milk and spinach to the pot. Gently stir and garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley. Chicken curry is hands down one of my favorite dishes to order when eating out. How to make our instant pot butter chicken curry recipe. Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in the butter, using the saute function of the instant pot. To make the butter chicken creamy, the best option is using heavy cream (aka heavy whipping cream). Coconut milk or cream evaporated milk or greek yogurt.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.