Shanecka Rivera. Side Dish. December 14th , 2020.
Chock full of chicken, stuffing and soup, this dish is easy to bake. Cut the bacon across the strips to yield small pieces.
If you happen to have fresh homemade cranberry sauce, the kind where the berries are still mostly. Prepare your stuffing according to directions on box or prepare your own homemade stuffing if you have stale or left over bread onions and celery and sage.
This Stuffing Casserole With Sausage And Green Beans Can Be Made Up To 3 Days Ahead Of Time And Baked In The Oven Or Heated In The Crock Pot!.
- 1 lb. ground sausage (see Note 1)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (preferably unsalted)
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cups fresh green beans (see Note 2)
- ¾ cups celery (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups chicken broth (see Note 3)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 14 oz. stuffing mix (equal to 8 cups)
- ½ cup crispy fried onions
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the sausage in a large pan (at least 10”) over medium heat.
- Remove the sausage and melt 4 Tablespoons butter.
- Add the onions, fresh green beans, and celery. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Use a silicone spatula to scrape up any brown bits on the pan into the chicken broth for added flavor.
- Turn off the heat. Mix in the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and dried cranberries.
- Add the sausage back to the pan along with the stuffing and stir until well-combined.
- Add to a lightly greased casserole dish. (At least 13” x 9”)
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake for 5 additional minutes to brown the top.
- Add the crispy fried onions and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve!
- Cook, crumble and drain the sausage first. (Or use precooked sausage links and dice them up.)
- Combine the sausage with remaining uncooked stuffing ingredients.
- Add the stuffing mixture to a lightly greased Crock Pot instead of a casserole dish.
- Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Brown the top in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, add the crispy fried onions, and bake for 5 more minutes.
- This Stuffing Casserole can be assembled in the casserole dish up to three days ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake. Let it sit out for 10-15 minutes prior to baking.
- You can also freeze it for up to three months and let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight prior to baking it.
Turkey, gravy, and stuffing all in one delicious dish. It will fill your house with a delicious aroma that will remind you of thanksgiving.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.