Latavia Bennet. Main Course. February 11th , 2021.
First, we blend up the chilies, seasoning, broth and lime juice in a small blender to once the beef has finished cooking, transfer the meat to a cutting board and shred it using two forks. Place the meat back into the instant pot so that. I like serving it in tortilla wraps, but it also goes well with rice or. This link opens in a new window. Yes, it s possible with this simple recipe. We are using a boneless beef chuck roast. Just put the roast in the pressure cooker.
Tender shredded beef, in a flavorful spiced sauce. Perfect for tacos, burritos, salads, and more. The instant pot has taken over taco tuesdays with its easy edition of beef barbacoa. If you tend to enjoy things on the spicier. Cubed chuck roast is broiled until crispy and browned, then finished in the pressure cooker. Serve meat on freshly made corn tortillas with pickled onions and cilantro. There are many other recipes all over mexico that is prepared very similar.
Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef
Instant Pot Barbacoa Beef Is Super Tender And Extra Flavorful That Can Be Done In No Time At All. This Dish Is Perfect For Tacos, Burritos, Salads, Quesadillas And Much More!.
- 3 pounds beef brisket (or chuck roast - trimmed of extra fat and cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium Chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (add more if preferred)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 whole bay leaf
- Add all the ingredients, except beef and bay leaves to a blender and puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the beef chunks to the Instant Pot, If you have time, for extra flavor, you can saute them for a few minutes.
- Pour the pureed mixture on top of the beef and add the bay leaves.
- Lock the lid and point valve to sealed/
- Cook for about 40 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE, followed by a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release. The beef should be very tender and fall apart when shredded with a fork. If needed cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- When done, remove the bay leaves and discard.
- Shred the meat using two forks into the cooking juices. Let the beef absorb some of the juices for about 30 more minutes before serving.
- Use a slotted spoon or tongs to serve.
Beef barbacoa is beef that is barbecued or slow cooked until is is pull apart tender. Made with chipotle peppers, cilantro, cumin, citrus juice and bone broth. Without fail, it will turn out delicious every single time and give you tons of meals from this one batch which requires minimal effort on your part. This homemade beef barbacoa is better than any restaurant barbacoa. I used a beef chuck roast. This cut of beef does really well in the instant pot and slow cooker.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.