Darrylan Patel. Salad. February 15th , 2021.
Bacon gives this warm german potato salad recipe a boost of flavor. German potato salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in southern germany.
For german potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. How to make german potato salad.
German Potato Salad
German Potato Salad Is Loaded With Bacon And A Delicious Bacon-based Dressing. This Is One Of Those Side Dishes That Are Filling Yet Very Easy To Prepare..
- 3 pounds red potatoes (diced)
- 1 pound bacon (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the diced potatoes and boil until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Place a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and once it is hot, add the bacon and cook it until crispy, about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove bacon to a plate, leaving the grease in the pan.
- Add red onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until soft.
- Whisk in vinegar, olive oil, pickle juice, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper, stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes, add bacon and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve hot, or cold.
This potato salad recipe is easy and super delicious.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.