Telisa Jones. Dinner. October 08th , 2020.
If broth is not desired consistency, see notes for how to thicken it. When finished cooking, stir in the. Photos of slow cooker irish beef stew. You saved slow cooker irish beef stew to your favorites. The long cooking time allows the flavors to melt together. Packed with beef, vegetables and a delicious gravy. This winter warming stew is simply divine. Enjoy with crusty fresh bread, if desired.
Patrick`s day with this irish beef stew. It`s hard to be patient when your home. My grandmother whenever i would go to her house always had a huge pot of this on the go i also make this version in a slow cooker, so it`s great for busy days, add in the ingredients and then later on you have a delicious meal to sit down and. How to make slow cooker irish beef stew. More beef stew recipes from around the world. I use my slow cooker to make irish beef stew. Guinness beer simmers down all day with beef serve with biscuits or a good irish soda bread. Stew is a class winter meal at our house.
Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
This Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew Is Full Of Fall Apart Tender Beef, Potatoes And Carrots, With A Rich Broth Flavored With Guinness. After Cooking All Day In The Crock Pot, Enjoy This Guinness Beef Stew On St. Patrick's Day Or Any Other Day Of The Year!.
- 3 ½ pounds beef chuck cut into 1 and 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 onions (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups Guinness beer divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 pound carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes cut into 1 inch pieces
- fresh parsley
- Season beef with salt and pepper toss with flour to fully coat. Use all the flour.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Brown beef on all sides, working in batches if necessary to avoid over crowding pan. Remove beef from pan and transfer to slow cooker.
- Return pan to heat, add another tablespoon of oil. Add the onions, season with salt and sauté until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Reduce heat as needed to avoid burning the onions.
- When onions are golden, add the tomato paste and garlic, stir until combined and a ″fond″ (the brown bits) is starting to develop on the bottom of the pot.
- Slowly whisk in the beef broth, scrapping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add 1/2 a cup of the Guinness, the brown sugar, and the fresh thyme. Whisk to combine.
- Add potatoes and carrots to slow cooker. Carefully pour broth over meat and vegetables.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for 6-8 hours. If broth is not desired consistency, see notes for how to thicken it.
- When finished cooking, stir in the remaining 3/4 cup of Guinness and fresh chopped parsley. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Pagespublic figurevideo creatorfavorite family recipesvideosslow cooker irish beef stew. Next to the waffle iron and my grill, i think the slow cooker is my favorite kitchen appliance. Hence my slow cooker irish beef stew pot pie. Slow cooker french onion beef stew. French onion soup is a classic for a (very delicious) reason, so you don`t want to mess with tradition too much. Slow cooker irish beef stew. This recipe is a little bit more work than other slow cooker dishes since you have to brown the meat and veggies. Slow cooker meals are perfect for those busy it`s great for busy families.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.