Kaelyn Green. Main Course. January 16th , 2021.
This will be one of your favorite recipes. It always reminds me of the classic homecooked meals that my mom prepared for the whole family when growing up. This is such an easy recipe to make with only a few simple ingredients.
Ingredients include broccoli, cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese. This recipe uses egg noodles, but we re big believers in using what you have on hand as much as possible. Delicious chicken divan recipe the recipe critic.
Creamy Chicken Divan Casserole
Chicken Divan Is A Creamy And Cheesy Casserole Made From Chicken, Broccoli, And Cheese. These Three Ingredients Make For A Flavorful, Quick And Hearty Homemade Dinner..
- 2 tablespoon butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast (chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 16 oz. bag broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese (cubed and at room temperature)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 2 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add chicken to a medium bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add the broccoli and sauté for about 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth, cover pan, and lower heat to medium-low. Steam broccoli until tender but not limp, about 2 minutes. Transfer broccoli to the prepared baking pan and distribute evenly.
- To the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken in one layer and sear for one minute without moving chicken then continue to cook and stir chicken until cooked through and golden. Add cooked chicken to the prepared pan on top of the broccoli, distribute evenly.
- In a measuring cup mix milk, flour and cornstarch until combined.
- To the same skillet, over medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add diced onion, stir and cook for 1 minute and add garlic. Sir and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, stir to combine. Add the milk mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the mustard powder, dried parsley, ground cumin, paprika, and black pepper. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a light boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in cubed cream cheese and 1 cup cheddar cheese, until melted, next 1/2 Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Stir in sour cream until blended. Pour sauce over chicken and broccoli and spread into an even layer.
- Top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup melted butter with crushed corn flakes. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until topping is golden and crunchy.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
I also recently made a video tutorial. Cook this dish on the hob or in the oven. We need rain and cooler weather.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.