Keona Price. Appetizer. January 28th , 2021.
Sweet cream cheese wontons are my personal favorite. For sweet cream cheese wontons, sift or sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar. If you really want to go all out, serve them with chocolate sauce. Sweet cream cheese wontons with bibimbap beef fried ricejen around the world. I love eating these with sweet & sour with a little bit of sriracha.
This sweet cream cheese wontons dessert recipe will send you and your guests` tastebuds over the edge of sweet goodie goodness. Sweet cream cheese wontons is also one of chinese food that has a delicious taste. This food has classified as dry food. These wontons are very crispy and suitable.
Sweet Cream Cheese Wontons
These Cream Cheese Wontons Can Be Filled With A Sweet Or Savory Filling And Baked In The Oven Or Fried! Filling Ideas Include Cream Cheese And Cherry Pie Filling, Nutella, And More!.
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 12 oz. wonton wraps ((packages usually in refrigerated produce section, near tofu))
- 1 egg (whisked with a splash of water)
- 48 oz. canola oil (enough to fill a dutch oven or fryer with about 3 inches of oil.)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Mix the powdered sugar and cream cheese together until well combined. (You can use a hand mixer or a silicone spatula for this.)
- Lay out about 4 wontons at a time and cover the remaining with a dish towel (they dry out quickly).
- Fill a small bowl with water and set near the wontons.
- Place about a ½ teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each wonton.
- Dip your fingers into the whisked egg/water mixture (i.e. egg wash), and fold the wontons diagonally to form a triangle. Seal and ensure that there are no air bubbles.
- Dip your fingers back into the water. With the longest side of the triangle facing you, fold the left side to the right, and then fold the left side over it, to the right.
- Repeat until all wontons are filled and wrapped!
- Deep fryers work great with these, however if you don’t have one, heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a dutch oven until it is just under 350 degrees. (I put my electric stove to just under the medium-high mark).
- You can use an extra wonton wrapper to test the temperature. Place it in the oil and ensure that it doesn’t cook too quickly or burn. Adjust the heat accordingly if needed.
- Fry 4-5 wontons at a time, each for about 45 seconds to a minute, (or until golden brown).
- Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place the sheet in the oven for about 5 minutes. Heating the sheet will ensure that the wontons are nice and crisp on the bottom when they bake.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the wontons on top. Coat the wontons with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- The wontons will need to bake for about 10-12 minutes, however it’s best to start checking on them after 5 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are crisp and golden brown.
- Brush each wonton lightly with vegetable or canola oil. Air Fry at 370 degrees for 7-8 minutes, until slightly browned and crispy. Serve!
Close friends, i`ve possessed a revelation. Crab and cream cheese wontons are fantastic appetizers. I show you how to make them with this easy recipe. (along with my sweet cream cheese wontons.).
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.