Latonia Richardson. Appetizer. January 04th , 2021.
This crab rangoon recipe is real crab meat mixed with cream cheese and seasonings, then folded into wontons and cooked to golden brown perfection. Crab rangoon is a popular chinese takeout appetizer, and this recipe recreates the authentic if you`ve never had the pleasure of eating crab rangoon, let me explain. These are the crab rangoons i served the entire time i was in business. We made and served countless thousands of them. This homemade crab rangoon recipe just might be one of the best appetizers, ever. Crab rangoon is a very famous chinese snack made with a cream cheese and crab meat filling filled inside wonton wrappers and then deep fried.
Crab meat rangoons fried crab wontons recipe. Crab meat rangoons are everyone`s favorite crab meat rangoons video recipe. Share this with your friends on. I have made this crab rangoon recipe for family and friends so many times. Learn how to make baked crab rangoon. Crab rangoons, also known as crab puffs, are classic appetizer fare in some chinese and thai restaurants in the u.s.
Crab Rangoon Recipe
Crispy Wontons Are Baked Or Fried To Golden Perfection And Filled With An Easy Cream Cheese Crab Rangoon Filling. Plus, They re Easy To Make Ahead Of Time For Seamless Entertaining!.
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 3 oz. fancy crab meat (drained and crumbled)
- 2 green onions (finely chopped)
- 1.5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 12 oz. package Wonton wrappers, see notes
- 1 egg (whisked with a splash of water)
- 1 quart canola oil
- Place wonton wrappers aside and combine all other filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon of filling in center of each wonton.
- Moisten the edges of the wonton with a little bit of the egg/water mixture (i.e. egg wash). Fold in a triangle and press to seal- removing air from the inside. Use the egg wash like a glue as you assemble.
- Take the left and right sides of the triangle and pull them up, attaching them to the existing seal on the top. Then press along the edges to close any areas where the filling could be exposed to air. Here is an alternative folding method. Repeat, setting aside on a plate.
- Deep fryers work great with these, however if you don’t have one, heat 2-3 inches of vegetable oil in a dutch oven until it is just under 350 degrees. (I put my electric stove to just under the medium-high mark).
- You can use an extra wonton wrapper to test the temperature. Place it in the oil and ensure that it doesn’t cook too quickly or burn. Adjust the heat accordingly if needed.
- Fry 4-5 wontons at a time, each for about 45 seconds to a minute, (or until golden brown).
- Place them on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place the sheet in the oven for about 5 minutes. Heating the sheet will ensure that the wontons are nice and crisp on the bottom when they bake.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place the wontons on top. Coat the wontons with a light layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- The wontons will need to bake for about 10-12 minutes, however it’s best to start checking on them after 5 minutes. Remove them from the oven when they are crisp and golden brown. Serve warm with sweet-sour sauce or mustard sauce.
- Brush each wonton lightly with vegetable or canola oil. Air Fry at 370 degrees for 7-8 minutes, until slightly browned and crispy. Serve!
Each bite of these fried wontons is stuffed get the recipe for crab rangoons. If you`ve never thought about making a homemade crab rangoon recipe, now`s the time. A few simple ingredients and quick frying time are all that`s needed. Try serving crab rangoon with sweet and sour. An adaptation of the fried wonton, crab rangoon is one of the most enduringly popular appetizers at the posh polynesian restaurant chain trader vic`s.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.