Julisha Miller. Soup. December 17th , 2020.
To start this soup out in the crock pot it will seem like a broth not creamy based soup, don`t fret, all the creamy and cheesy goodness will be added later in the cooking phase. You have got to try this slow cooker cheeseburger soup as it`s loaded with flavor and will be an absolute hit with your family. Once this soup is ready to eat, it will be creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor. How to make slow cooker cheeseburger soup. This crockpot soup recipe has two parts. Whether it`s back to school for the kids, perfect fall temps in the early mornings, a cold winter day or. It`s creamy with still being brothy enough to sip, like any good soup should be. And while most soups leave you wanting to eat some type of sandwich later. This cheeseburger soup, although it sounds kind of ridiculously indulgent, is actually full of healthy things. Lean ground beef, creamer potatoes (i used a.
Now get going and give this winter. You`ll first want to brown the hamburger and mix in the garlic powder. After making many different versions of this soup over the years, this ended up being the best recipe for cheeseburger soup we have ever had. We loved it, so i made sure to write it all down so i could make it again. Now, we`ve done a slow cooker cheeseburger soup before, but we thought it was time to update it a bit, in regards to one ingredient in particular. Along with the velveeta, we used a roux to give this soup the thickness we were craving. I`m so excited to be started an awesome sunday is going to be souper sunday where we will share a new slow cooker soup recipe with you. If you`re like me, slow cooker recipes are. It`s perfect for any evening, just pop the ingredients in the slow cooker and you`ll have dinner ready spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and pour in vegetables. Add ground beef to the same skillet you used for the veggies and brown ground beef.
Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup
This Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Soup Is Loaded With Tender Ground Beef And Vegetables In A Thick And Creamy Cheesy Soup, The Definition Of Comfort In A Bowl!.
- 1 large russet potato (peeled & diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (julienned (or diced))
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 cups or 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 16 oz. package Velveeta cheese
- Add the potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, dried basil and parsley to the crock pot and pour the chicken broth over it. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- When you’re about 45 minutes away from serving, cook and crumble the ground beef in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add in the salt and pepper.
- Transfer the ground beef to the crock pot and remove any excess grease from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter, then whisk in the flour. Continue to whisk for about 1 minute, until it’s a bubbly golden-brown roux.
- Microwave the milk for about 25 seconds, it’s best to add warm milk to the roux as opposed to it being cold right out of the fridge. Once heated, slowly pour the milk into the butter/flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the crock pot, and stir to combine.
- Add the cheese to the crock pot and stir again. Cover, and heat for about 30 additional minutes.
Thankfully, this slow cooker cheeseburger soup recipe was pretty easy to make a few ingredient swaps. This is a recipe i`ve wanted below is what the soup looks like before cooking, not a ton of liquid, that is ok. The velveeta and cream cheese will make the right amount of liquid when it. Add beef mixture to slow cooker crock. Stir in broth, soup, mustard and mushrooms until well blended. I took advantage of one of the last cool days of spring to make this rich and creamy slow cooker cheeseburger soup. There`s a time and a place for soup. At least at my house it`s that way. All of my favorite traits of a good. Sometimes you just need a thick and creamy, indulgent soup that will warm and fill you up.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.