Jaliyah Cruz. Main Course. December 08th , 2020.
Sometimes you need a little food for the soul. Mix together chicken, soup, onion dip, and cheese. It`s full of delicious french onion flavor.
Cook egg noodle according to package directions. Preparation cook egg noodles according to package directions drain.
French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole
This French Onion Chicken Noodle Casserole Is Filled With Delicious Noodles Smothered In A Creamy French Onion Sauce. It's Easy To Make With Leftover Or Rotisserie Chicken And Your Favorite Onion Dip!.
- 2-3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 small boneless/skinless chicken breasts (or 2 cups cooked chicken)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 4 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 extra-large yellow onions (or 1.5 pounds)
- 2 springs fresh thyme
- 2 ½ chicken broth
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. Rotini pasta (or similarly sized pasta)
- 1 cup onion dip mix (see notes)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup ( (10.5 oz.))
- 2 cups low moisture mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 13 oz. roll Wewalka Puff pastry (found in the refrigerator section)
- 1 egg + 1 splash cold water - Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the onions ¼ inch thick and set aside. A mandoline slicer makes this quick and easy.
- Shred the mozzarella and set aside. Low moisture mozzarella shredded from a block melts the best.
- Butterfly the chicken and cut the seam to create two thinner pieces of equal size. Pat dry and season with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken on each side for 4-5 minutes, until light golden brown. The bottom of the chicken will release from the pan once searing is complete.
- Carefully remove the chicken and leave 1 tablespoon of oil in the pot. Let the chicken rest for 5-8 minutes prior to cutting into bite-sized cubes.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt the butter. Add the onion slices and toss to coat.
- Partially cover and stir occasionally. Reduce heat if they begin to cook too quickly.
- Allow them to reduce significantly over the course of 40 minutes, they will eventually turn a caramel color and begin to foam. (See post above for visual.)
- Add the thyme towards during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Add the chicken broth, beef broth, and water to the pot. Bring to a gently boil and add the pasta.
- Let the pasta gently boil uncovered for about 7 minutes, until no more than al dente. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add the onion dip, cream of chicken soup, mozzarella cheese, and cubed chicken. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge and gently unroll. Place it over the casserole dish and use a pairing knife to remove excess dough around the edges.
- Optional: Combine the egg + a splash of cold water, whisk to combine and brush a very light coating over the top of the pastry.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve!
Mix in egg noodles, and add to baking dish. Chicken and mushroom pasta bake recipe.
Fantastic Flavour's Picks
Any content, trademark/s, or other material that might be found on this site that is not this site property remains the copyright of its respective owner/s. In no way does LocalHost claim ownership or responsibility for such items and you should seek legal consent for any use of such materials from its owner.